Creekside is right in the heart of pioneer country. Take your family on a fun back road tour. We can help direct you on your trip if you would like. Some ideas tor things to do that are very nearby:
- Foothills Ranch, just 7 minutes from Creekside in the scenic Bradshaw Mountains, offers some of the best horseback riding in central Arizona. Trail rides start at the ranch and venture out on over a million acres of riding, through beautiful scenery along Big Bug Creek among rich western history. Foothills Ranch is a family-owned working ranch. https://foothills-ranch.com/
- Listen to the beautiful bells of Arcosanti. Our lodging property is only 12 miles from Arcosanti, the experimental town in progress, with its molten bronze bell casting. Seeking to explore how urban conditions could be improved without causing a destructive impact on the earth, Paolo Soleri began the construction of this town in 1970. Take the tour, it is fascinating!
- Explore a living ghost town in Arizona’s Bradshaw mountains. The town of Crown King, a mining town which thrived in the 1880’s, is a great place to have small pioneer-town fun. If you are here in late May, be sure to check out “The World’s Shortest Memorial Day Parade.” The folks in this little town have a great sense of humor. Enjoy the “Crown King One-Hole Golf Tournament” and the “Annual Fall Corn Hole Showdown.” Don’t miss the Crown King Saloon and Café, in operation since 1904.
- pDo you play golf? Enjoy a round of golf at Quailwood Golf Course or Prescott Country Club, just a stone’s throw away in Dewey, or go a bit farther to Antelope Hills or Stone Ridge Golf Course.
- Arizona Downs, northern Arizona’s premier racetrack, is open seasonally for live racing. Simulcast and OTB is open all year.